
A year ago my skincare routine pretty much consisted of face wipes and shower gel! I had no idea about cleansers and toners and I moisturised when I felt like, which wasn't all that often. I rarely had the time or the energy to take my makeup off before bed and I never really thought about the damage I was causing to my skin. As a young woman in her 20s, with relatively clear skin, I believed skincare was simply something I would need to invest in later on in life and it wasn't until my skin got really congested and spot prone that I decided a change was needed.
Fast forward a year and I am in a completely different position and way of thinking. After fussing around with far too many steps in my routine, I've simplified it down to just a handful of quick and easy to use products. I like to use gentle, mild products on my skin first thing in the morning and I find the Clinique Liquid Facial Soap in extra mild is perfect for this. It doesn't leave my skin dry or tight and I particularly love that its fragrance free and comes with a handy pump dispense. I don't like to overload my skin with too many products so I simply use a toner to remove any remaining impurities and prep my skin ready for serum and moisturiser. I currently use the Tonique Douceur by Lancôme which is a soft, alcohol free toner which is both gentle on my skin and hydrating.
At the moment I am LOVING Lancôme skincare after receiving some generous samples from the Debenhams Beauty Gala. They are now on their last legs and I will be visiting my nearest counter to have a snoop around and check out what else they have to offer. The Advanced Génifique Youth Activate Concentrate is Lancôme's No.1 selling serum and after testing for a few weeks I can see why. This serum has improved the texture of my skin and the appearance and I definitely notice a glow to my complexion after using this. The texture of the serum is so silky and a little goes a long way with this tiny 7ml bottle lasting me just over a month. I then use the Hydra Zen NeuroCalm Day Cream with SPF 15 which is perfect during summer as I don't actually use or own any SPF products so to have this built into my moisturiser is a bonus. This is quite a thick cream to touch however it absorbs effortlessly into the skin leaving a dewy, refreshed and hydrated complexion. I find this evens out my skin-tone and leaves me with a radiant, glowing complexion.
If my skin is having one of those days where its just feeling a bit dehydrated and stressed I'll use a quick spritz of the Clinique Moisture Surge Face Spray to replenish my skin's moisture level and restore balance. I don't tend to use this on a daily basis but its nice for when I need a quick refresh in the morning before applying my make up or even throughout the day when my skin feels thirsty or irritated. Eye cream is a product I have only recently started using in the last few months and after trying several different creams from high end brands this Vitamin E Gentle Eye Cream from Boots is the BEST I have found by miles!
Lastly, I like to apply a lip balm before I do my make up to give it time to set in and really work its magic. The Dr. PAWPAW* balms are perfect for this as they repair and moisturise my lips leaving them super soft and chap free. I carry one of these around with me at all times as it's a multi-purpose balm which can be used for pretty much everything. The natural ingredients used contain healing qualities making this the perfect all-rounder that I couldn't live without.
Whats in your morning skincare routine?

I'd like to try this skin care even if its new to me. So glad you shared it. Megan Ferretti
ReplyDeleteI love trying new skincare bits always manage to find some great new products!
Deletexx